New Zealand ORCID Consortium Resources
Resources for consortium members.
Several consortium members have generously agreed to share their ORCID related materials. If you wish to use any of the following please contact the relevant person. Contact us for email addresses.
Royal Society Te Apārangi
We have adapted some ORCID resources for University of Otago Contact us if you want some tailored to your organisation.
Victoria University of Wellington.
Matt Plummer and Katie Wilson share their powerpoint presentation on the ORCID experience at VUW (Sept 2017) ORCID-VUW2.pptx
Information for new consortium members
Our consortium information handbook for new members tells you all you need to know about the NZ ORCID Hub, what you need for formulating an ORCID communications strategy at your organisation and where to find the information that you need. Induction-information-v1.0-Feb-2018.pdf
- Finding ORCID record holders at your institution: Want to know who's using ORCID iDs at your institution? Start here. This will give you some sample API searches you can use to find out who's asserted on their record that they are affiliated with your institution, as well as a form to learn how many records are associated with your institution's email domain(s).
- Reading your premium member report: Premium members receive a customized report each month on their active integration(s).
- Register for upcoming webinars: ORCID hosts frequent webinars to help support members of the ORCID community as they are learning more about ORCID and the ORCID Registry, are planning and designing their ORCID integration, or as they are communicating ORCID to their research community.
Best practise communications and ORCID enrolment
- Outreach resources: To get the word out about ORCID and to support your outreach efforts, ORCID provide a variety of print and electronic resources, including: flyers; banners; slides; and, adaptable text.
- Spreading the ORCID word: This June 2016 webinar provides a discussion of effective practices in encouraging adoption and use of ORCID iDs by researchers.
Slides from ORCID consortium meeting pre ARMS 2017 conference
Laurel Haak: slides from 2017 consortium meeting on figshare (ORCID executive director) https://doi.org/10.23640/07243.5450182.v1
Emma Richardson: slide on an ORCID outreach project at University of Auckland ORCID-UnivAuckland.pptx
Matt Plummer and Katie Wilson: slides on the ORCID experience at Victoria University of Wellington ORCID-VUW.pptx
- Digital files of the creation of promotional material, e.g., personalised ORCID iD mugs, are available on request. Please contact the Society with your intended use, and we'll endeavour to assist you.
Resources for developers
- API documentation: All the documentation that you need to build your own custom integration using ORCID's APIs can be found starting here.
- Code examples: Provided by the ORCID community and spanning a variety of languages and use cases.
- Getting started with your ORCID integration: This December 2016 webinar gives a quick introduction to getting started with ORCID integration, and covers the ORCID record, ORCID APIs, and the Collect & Connect programme.
- Join ORCID API Users: A Google Group of discussions and questions on the API with ORCID support and active developers; a key source for news about the API.
FAQs for NZ ORCID Consortium members