Travel support for national delegates
Information on avaliable travel support for New Zealand delegates to international unions supported under Catalyst Influence.
Delegate travel support
New Zealand delegates to international unions supported under Catalyst: Influence can apply for travel support of up to $3,000 (GST exclusive) to support attendance at the International Union General Assembly:
- Funding to support the delegate attending an international union meeting is subject to costs incurred, and is available at any time throughout the year until exhausted.
- Delegates wishing to apply for travel support must seek approval from the Society prior to the meeting by submitting the delegate travel support application form to International.Unions@royalsociety.org.nz.
- The fund is administered on a first-come first-serve basis and application to the fund does not guarantee its award.
- Delegates are required to submit a report on the outcomes of the meeting to the Society within a month after returning to New Zealand.
- The applicant must meet the criteria for travel support listed below.
- In making its decision to support delegate travel, the Society may consider the Catalyst: Influence assessment criteria (1 & 2), and an equal distribution of funds over time across all supported Unions..
Eligibility Criteria for travel funding
To be eligible to apply for travel support fund, applicants must:
- Be the New Zealand delegate to an international union supported under Catalyst: Influence. See list of supported unions. In the instance where a delegate is unable to travel, a substitute delegate may apply for delegate travel support after prior approval by the Society, the delegate, and the relevant New Zealand union/national committee;
- Have consulted on New Zealand’s “stance on issues” prior to attendance of International Union meetings; and
- Be attending a meeting funded through, and organised by, the delegate’s international union. The event must also have some activity involving the discussion or voting on international union processes.
Applications should be made to International.Unions@royalsociety.org.nz, to the attention of the International Contracts Coordinator.