Our new online membership portal is called MyPortal.
MyPortal is available exclusively for our membership – Fellows, Companions, Members, and Member Organisations – allowing you to easily update contact details and pay membership fees.
You’ll need to register the first time you log in – follow the instructions below. Then you can log in to MyPortal anywhere, any time, using the link below.
On this page:
Log in to MyPortal at myportal.royalsociety.org.nz.
Important: you’ll need to register the first time you log in – follow the instructions below.
Once you register to use MyPortal, you can log in at any time to view and update your contact details, keywords and qualifications, profile photograph, and – for Fellows and Companions – the biographical web notes that appear on our website under the lists of current Fellows, Honorary Fellows and Companions.
In MyPortal you can see the status and payment dates of your current and previous Fellowship fee invoices, view your billing history, and pay your current invoice via a secure online payment system. And our membership cards are now digital – just click on the Membership card link in MyPortal to display your Royal Society of New Zealand Te Apārangi membership card.
You can log in to MyPortal on any device with internet access – computer, smartphone or tablet.
We invite you to register to use MyPortal. Only current Fellows, Honorary Fellows, Companions, Members, and nominated representatives of Member Organisations can register. If you’re unsure whether you are eligible to use MyPortal, contact email@example.com.
Follow these steps to register your account:
- Go to the MyPortal login page.
- Click on the link “Don’t have an account? Register now”. The Registration screen will open.
- Enter your email address and choose a password (see Troubleshooting and FAQ below, or hints onscreen in MyPortal).
- Re-enter your password to confirm it, then click on the button to “Send verification”. A verification email will be sent to the email address provided, containing a secure link to verify your registration, and to activate your MyPortal account.
- Once you have activated your MyPortal account, you can log in at any time and from any device at the MyPortal login page.
In MyPortal you can see the status and payment dates of your current and previous fee invoices, view your billing history, and pay your current invoice via a secure online payment system.
If you wish to make a payment from MyPortal: log in to MyPortal, then click on “Make a payment” under Billing (in the left hand menu, or on the Billing card on the Dashboard), and follow the instructions to pay your membership or Fellowship fees via our secure online payment system.
- It’s important that you use your primary Royal Society of New Zealand contact email address (the email address to which this email was sent) to register. Any other email address will not be accepted.
- Your password must be at least six characters long, contain letters and numbers, include at least one uppercase letter and at least one non-letter non-digit character (& ! $ etc). The registration screen will prompt you accordingly.
- If at any time you forget your password, or need to reset it, click on the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page.
- Your primary email address is always your login email address. If you need to update (change) your primary email address at any stage, login with your existing email address, then update your contact details in MyPortal. Next time you log in, use your new primary email address, with your old (existing) password.
- Please note that your old login details (username and password) for the Society’s website and database update form (from 2016 or earlier), are no longer active. You’ll need to register as a new user, following the instructions above.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to report problems regarding MyPortal.