Now there’s a new way to get involved: become a Friend of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
If your primary interest is in supporting the work we do, attending our public programme of lectures and events, and occasional discounts on tickets and other offers, consider becoming a Friend of the Royal Society of New Zealand.
If you’ve already read the information on this page about the benefits of being a Friend, click on the link below, complete the online form, pay your annual subscription via our secure online payment system, and become a Friend of the Royal Society of New Zealand today.
Friends of the Society receive a range of benefits including:
- Providing valued support to the Royal Society of New Zealand
- Invitations and early notification of lectures and other events and presentations
- Free or discounted (at least 15%) tickets for the Society’s lectures, other events and presentations (when available)
- Other occasional discounts and special offers (e.g. discount offers on books from selected New Zealand publishers)
- Information about Friends activities (coming in 2017)
- Access to electronic Friends Forum (coming in 2017)
Friends pay an annual subscription of $30 (rebated to 50% for Friends who join during the second half of the subscription year).
Annual subscriptions (in New Zealand dollars) include GST. The subscription year runs from 1 July.
We welcome anyone and everyone to become a Friend of the Royal Society of New Zealand – we’d love to have your support for the work we do, and help to keep you informed. There are no minimum eligibility criteria to become a Friend of the Society.
If you’re actively working or studying (or have worked) in science, technology or humanities, we encourage you to apply to become a Member of the Royal Society of New Zealand. Minimum eligibility criteria apply across the different Member categories available. You can find information about membership at www.royalsociety.org.nz/individual-membership/.
Friends and Members of the Society have different obligations and enjoy different benefits; Friends are not Members of the Society. Compare the benefits and annual subscriptions of Friends with the different Member categories.
Click on the link below, complete the online form, pay your annual subscription via our secure online payment system, and become a Friend of the Royal Society of New Zealand today.
Please direct all enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About the Royal Society of New Zealand
- For regular updates, follow the Society on Twitter or Facebook, or subscribe to Alert, the Society’s weekly e-newsletter