Our Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Technology and Engineering Discipline-based Forum
This Forum provides advice to the Society on matters of concern to the physical sciences, mathematical sciences, technology and engineering community, and responds, on request, with advice on physical sciences, mathematics, technology and engineering issues.
This Forum is chaired by the Vice-President (Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Engineering and Technology) who serves on the Royal Society Te Apārangi Council. The Presidents (or their nominees) of all the Constituent Organisations that fall within this portfolio contribute to the Forum.
Constituent Member Organisations in Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Technology and Engineering
The following Member Organisations contribute to this Forum. They also vote for the Vice-President (Physical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Technology and Engineering) in Royal Society Te Apārangi Council elections.
Earth Sciences and Technologies
- Meteorological Society of New Zealand (Inc.)
- New Zealand Hydrological Society (Inc.)
- Royal Astronomical Society of New Zealand
- NZ Geothermal Association
- Geoscience Society of New Zealand (Inc.)
Mathematical and Information Sciences and Technologies
- New Zealand Mathematical Society Inc.
- New Zealand Statistical Association (Inc.)
- Operational Research Society of New Zealand (Inc.)
- NZ Association of Mathematics Teachers
Physical Sciences and Technologies
Technology and Engineering
Affiliate Member Organisations
The following Affiliate Member Organisations identify with this discipline:
- Opus Intl Laboratories
- Statistics Research Associates Ltd
- International Institute of Refrigeration (New Zealand National Committee)