Our Biological and Life Sciences Discipline-based Forum
This Forum provides advice to the Society on matters of concern to the biological and life sciences community, and responds, on request, with advice on biological and life sciences issues.
This Forum is chaired by the Vice-President (Biological and Life Sciences), who serves on the Royal Society Te Apārangi Council. The Presidents (or their nominees) of all the Constituent Organisations that fall within this portfolio contribute to the Forum.
Constituent Member Organisations in the Biological and Life Sciences
The following Constituent Member Organisations contribute to this Forum. They also vote for the Vice-President (Biological and Life Sciences) in Royal Society Te Apārangi Council elections.
Biological Sciences and Technologies
- New Zealand Ecological Society
- New Zealand Freshwater Sciences Society
- New Zealand Marine Sciences Society
- New Zealand Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Inc)
- The New Zealand Society for Parasitology
- New Zealand Society of Plant Biologists (NZSPB)
Health Sciences and Technologies
- Australasian Society of Clinical and Experimental Pharmacologists and Toxicologists (NZ Section)(ASCEPT)
- Australasian Society for Immunology (NZ Branch)
- The Nutrition Society of New Zealand (Inc.)
- New Zealand Association of Clinical Research
- New Zealand Microbiological Society Inc.
- New Zealand Society for Oncology
- New Zealand Society of Endocrinology (Inc.)
- Physiological Society of New Zealand
Primary Resources Sciences and Technologies
- Agronomy Society of New Zealand
- NZ Institute of Agricultural & Horticultural Science Inc
- New Zealand Institute of Forestry (Inc.)
- New Zealand Plant Protection Society (Inc)
- New Zealand Society of Animal Production
- New Zealand Society of Soil Science (Inc.)
- New Zealand Veterinary Association (Inc.)