Primary Science Week 2019
1. NZ Primary Schools Periodic Table
Include your school in the NZAPSE Periodic Table. Choose a symbol or element that represents your school then describe attributes that link your school to the element. For full details go here. Be in quick to choose the element that is best for you.You can see the periodic table as it develops here.
2. The Periodic Table Treasure Hunt
Challenge your students to find pictures, or take photos, of items that are made of elements from the periodic table. Place them into a periodic table outline. Take a photo of your final product and send it to NZAPSE so they can share it with others.
Resources for your Classes
- Have a look at what is happening for the International Year of the Periodic Table
- Grasping common uses of elements
- Exploring your favourite element (has information on what each element is used for and a short video or two)
- Elemental Haiku
New Zealand Association of Primary Science Educators (NZAPSE)
Mon 13 May, 2019 - Fri 17 May, 2019