How to nominate
Learn how to nominate someone for the Hatherton Award.
Nominations may be made by any person. The Royal Society of New Zealand’s Academy Executive Committee reserves the right to decline any nomination.
Nominations must be loaded onto the Medals and Awards web portal. Please email the Academy (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to submit a new nomination and you will be provided with a URL to access the web portal.
Nominations are to include one set of the following:
- Curriculum vitae;
- Publications list;
- Electronic copy of publication for which award should be judged;
- Nomination summary of not more than 300 words, which may be used for publicity purposes;
- Nomination statement of not more than 500 words, outlining the reasons for the nomination;
- Brief citation of not more than 40 words, which may be used for publicity purposes;
- Two references (to be arranged by the nominator), one of which should be from outside the nominee’s institution;
- A letter from the candidate’s supervisor clearly stating what the percentage contribution the candidate has made to the research and paper.
Full CVs that include all awards and publications should be provided where appropriate.
Publications should include the names of all authors (Initials and Surname) and the full title of the journal in which a paper is published. Abbreviations should not be used.
Please also review general criteria that apply to all Royal Society Te Apārangi medals and awards.