How to apply
Information on eligibility and how to apply for the World Data System Data Stewardship Award
Royal Society Te Apārangi will support nominations for the Data Stewardship Award to the Word Data System from eligible early career New Zealand researchers. Nominations to this award must be submitted to Royal Society Te Apārangi who in turn, will make the nominations to the World Data System (WDS).
- Nominees should be resident researchers in New Zealand.
- Nominees must be under the age of 40 and within ten (10) years of the award of their Masters or PhD, or equivalent professional training.
- Nominations must be sent to Royal Society Te Apārangi.
- A maximum of two (2) supporting letters. These should be from data users or others outside the Nominee’s organization attesting to their contributions and qualifications.
- A two-page Curriculum Vitae containing sections covering (a) Professional Preparation (i.e., education and qualifications), (b) Appointments (positions held), (c) Major Publications, and (d) Synergistic Activities (examples demonstrating the broader impact of one's professional activities, with a focus on the creation, integration, and transfer of knowledge).
The nomination process is as follows:
- Nominees complete WDS Data Stewardship Award 2019 nomination form
- Nominee submits form with accompanying letter of support and CV to Royal Society Te Apārangi.
- Royal Society Te Apārangi confirms the eligibility of the applicant.
- Royal Society Te Apārangi make the nominations to the WDS by the specified deadline.
- Each candidate may be nominated once for the 2019 WDS Data Stewardship Award. If multiple nominations are sent for a candidate, only the first one received shall be forwarded to the selection panel; all subsequent ones will be disregarded.
Please submit your completed application to: International.Applications@royalsociety.org.nz