Eligibility for Powering Potential
Eligibility criteria and qualities for students participating in Powering Potential
- Applicants must be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident.
- Applicants must be in Year 12 or Year 13.
- Applicants must have gained a excellent standard in NCEA Level 1 or 2 or equivalent.
- Students must be studying at least two science subjects or a combination of science and technology subjects.
- Only schools can nominate a student/s. Each school can make a maximum of two nominations.
Powering Potential will be looking for students who have these qualities
- A passion for science and technology
- Being able to think outside the square
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Enjoy problem solving
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Curiosity, perseverance and resilience