"Make Space for Nature" and Primary CREST
Trees that Count!
Referencing the Nature of Science and Living World strands, or Pūtaiao Make Space for Nature and Primary CREST at the same time!
Carefully read Kiwi Conservation Clubs’ Make Space for Nature
- Follow the steps as outlined by KCC
- Meet the Criteria
- Complete the Primary CREST order process and send the report to CREST, Royal Society Te Apārangi, P.O. Box 598, Wellington 6140
- CREST processPrimary CREST certificates and badges.
Resources to help
- Kiwi Conservation Club http://kcc.org.nz/
- Trees that Count https://www.treesthatcount.co.nz/
- Planting Guidelines https://www.treesthatcount.co.nz/resources/
- Connected 3, 2002 , pages 16–21.
- Junior Journal 48, Level 2, 2014
- School Journal Level 2 May 2015
New Zealand’s ecosystems used to be able to handle a lot, but all the changes we have made to the landscape over time – like burning and felling forests, draining wetlands, and building on the coast – have really damaged them. Now, even the small differences in what’s happening can have a great big effect on our plants and animals.
Giving back physical space, or room, to nature will help ecosystems grow strong and adaptable again. They will be better able to help themselves get through this crisis – and to help us too!
Trees That Count | Te Rahi o Tāne have a great goal that fits. For 2018, they want to see millions more native trees planted in New Zealand, for climate change and for biodiversity.