CREST projects investigating the formation of a New Zealand land-form.
GNS Science Te Pū Ao, is New Zealand’s leading provider of Earth, geoscience and isotope research and consultancy services. Their purpose is to understand natural Earth system processes and resources, and to translate these into economic, environmental and social benefits.
GNS Science and CREST invites senior students to undertake a Bronze or Silver CREST project investigating the formation of a New Zealand land form.
Identify a local land-form and model the geological process/es that created the land-form.
- For Bronze CREST (Individual or Team): Identify and model the geological processes that formed/created a named land-form.
- For Silver CREST (individual or Team): Identify and model how different geological processes interacted to form a named land-form.
Note: geological processes may include some but not all of:
- Tectonic processes
- Relevant aspects of the rock cycle
- Erosion and weathering of the land-form
Special offer from GNS Science.
Part of the CREST report could include a short (max 3 minute) video showing:
- What the land form is
- Where it is
- A clear explanation of the process
- A demonstration of the process at work
The video should be:
- A maximum of 3 minutes long
- clearly expressed
- visually appealing
- with good sound / audio quality
These videos will be viewed by GNS Science scientists and could be selected to be entered on the GNS Science video channel
Videos need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible Teaching, Learning and Assessment Links /Opportunities
Some useful links