View recipients of the Charles Fleming Award for publishing achievement
- Dr Bruce Hayward FRSNZ, Geomarine Research, Auckland, was allocated $5000 to assist him with publication of Out of the ocean, into the fire: History in the rocks, fossils and landforms of northern New Zealand
- Dr Uwe Kaulfuss, University of Otago, was allocated $3000 to assist him with publication of Foulden Maar-Window into Miocene New Zealand.
- Dr Sarah Gee, Massey University, was allocated $4000 to assist her with publication of a mongraph focussing on the representation of masculiniity in and through sports-related advertisements, and the potential contribution these promotional campaigns make towards a contemporry crisis of masculinity.
- Trent Bell, Wellington, was allocated $4000 to support him with the preparation of a scientifically based book on the lizard fauna of New Zealand.
- Dr David Galloway FRSNZ, Dunedin, was allocated $4,000 to assist with costs for completing text and preparing illustrations for the book entitled That’s not a moss, it’s a lichen! An introduction to New Zealand lichenology, 1769-2014.
- Emeritus Professor Paul Williams, Auckland, was allocated $4,000 to assist with the costs of writing the book entitled Behind the Scene: a Geomorphology of New Zealand.
- Chris Paulin, Wellington has been allocated $8,000 to assist with the cost to produce the book entitled Te Matau a Maui: Fish-hooks, Fishing and Fisheries in New Zealand Culture, by Chris Paulin and George Habib, to be published in 2014.
- Quinn Berentson, Dunedin has been allocated $7,250 to assist with costs to produce the book called Moa – the life and death of New Zealand’s legendary bird, to be published in November 2012 by Craig Potton Publishing.
- Samuel Brown, Bio-Protection Research Centre, Lincoln University – to assist with costs to prepare an identification key and taxonomic summary of the weevil genera in New Zealand.
- Craig Potton Publishing has been allocated $2,000 to assist with the publication of a book entitled Kakapo by Alison Ballance.
- Dr James Braund, School of European Languages and Literatures, The University of Auckland has been allocated $2,000 to assist with publication costs of a collection of essays he is editing entitled Ferdinand Hochstetter and the Contribution of German-Speaking Scientists to New Zealand Natural History in the Nineteenth Century.
- Mary Varnhan, Awa Press has been allocated $2,000 to assist with the costs for publishing the James Hector Centenary Lectures.
- A Publishing Award was made to Hayley Lawrence of the Allan Wilson Centre, Albany to publish the results of her research on the Chatham Island iko ($2,000).
- A Publishing Award was made to Mary Varnham to publish the collected lectures of the Transit of Venus lecture series which were broadcast on Radio New Zealand ($2,000).
- A Publishing Award was made to Mary Varnham to publish the collected lectures of the e=mc2 series which were broadcast on Radio New Zealand ($2,000).