If you have an idea to reduce carbon emissions, build resilience to climate change in Wellington or, if you want to use your skills on projects that can. Make sure you attend Climathon Wellington!
Climathon is a fast-paced global 24 hour challenge, taking place simultaneously in over 100 cities around the world. You will be part of a small and diversly talented group in Wellington taking an informed approach to building and testing solutions to Wellingtons biggest climate resilience challenges.
The Climathon Wellington Challenges for 2018 are
- What waste can become a resource? Let's grow the circular economy of Wellington!
- What does Wellington need to create a sustainable food network?
- How can we reduce air transport emissions in Wellington?
You will have access to
- Expert design thinking and startup consultants to help you get the most out of the 24 hours
- Industry and knowledge leaders in the space to call on
- The latest information at your fingertips
- Free massages and yoga Prizes that support new ideas to take the next step
- A place in the Victoria Uni Entrepreneurship Bootcamp (valued at over $7,500)
- Workshops with professional business advisors to progress the idea.
- More to come!
Climathon is perfect for people who enjoy creating solutions to complex challenges that have the potential to create huge positive environmental and economic impacts here in Wellington and abroad.
Climathon's goal is to support you to make Wellington even better. You will be fed, there will be massage therapists on site and even a yoga session (all free) to keep your brain in peak flow. If you have an idea or want to offer your skills to be a part of this small and specialised group, book now.
Wellington City Council & Victoria University of Wellington
National Library Wellington, 70 Molesworth Street, Wellington 6011
Fri 26 October, 2018 - Sat 27 October, 2018