Scope of the position:
This permanent full time position will involve monitoring research progress and providing reports to the Director – Research Funding on progress relative to the expectations of research projects assigned for all funds supported by the Royal Society of New Zealand and providing support for the operation of the various fund bidding rounds. You will enjoy working with New Zealand’s leading researchers, international experts, and international research organisations.
The Royal Society of New Zealand is an independent statutory organisation that advances and promotes science, technology and the humanities in New Zealand. We promote, invest in and celebrate excellence in people and ideas, and we use our expert networks to provide evidence-based advice and insights into important issues for the community and government. The Royal Society of New Zealand values diversity in its workplace.
We are based in Thorndon, Wellington.
Your role will involve providing a full range of research assessment support including:
- Maintaining a reporting and evaluation system for Research Fund contracts, over the life cycle of the projects.
- Operating a monitoring system for Research Fund contracts that includes relationships with researchers through both email and site visits.
- Providing support for the administration of the Research Fund bidding rounds.
- Actively promoting and publicising the individual Research Funds
You will be able to demonstrate:
- A PhD – we currently have strengths in the biological sciences and chemical sciences and are looking for strengths in complementary disciplines;
- Experience within a professional research environment;
- Good communication skills both oral and written;
- Knowledge of the New Zealand Research, Science and Technology system
The level of appointment will be according to experience and skills. You must be a New Zealand citizen or resident eligible to work in New Zealand.
Apply by 5pm on Tuesday 31 January 2017
Email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.