This permanent full time position will suit someone who wants to make a difference to New Zealand. You will assist the Director — Research Funding with the administration of the Marsden Fund, in particular taking responsibility for the delivery of the Fund’s bidding round and the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of the contracted research. You will enjoy working with New Zealand’s leading researchers, international experts, and international research organisations.
The Royal Society of New Zealand is an independent statutory organisation that advances and promotes science, technology and the humanities in New Zealand. We promote, invest in and celebrate excellence in people and ideas, and we use our expert networks to provide evidence-based advice and insights into important issues for the community and government. The Royal Society of New Zealand values diversity in its workplace.
We are based in Thorndon, Wellington.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Provide technical management of the Marsden Fund bidding round;
- Responsibility for the team workflows in monitoring Marsden Fund contracts;
- Provide support and operate a monitoring, reporting and evaluation system for Marsden Fund contracts, over the life cycle of the projects; and,
- Provide technical advice in your area of expertise to the Director — Research Funding;
Ideally you will have:
- A conferred doctorate — we currently have strengths in the social sciences, biological sciences, and chemistry and are looking for strengths in complementary disciplines;
- Experience in managing and delivering projects;
- Great writing skills for a variety of audiences;
- Superior relationship skills; and,
- Knowledge of the New Zealand’s science, technology and humanities sectors.
The level of appointment will be according to experience and skills. You must be a New Zealand citizen or resident eligible to work in New Zealand.
Apply by 5pm on Tuesday 24 January 2017
Email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com