A New Zealand enriched by fostering science, technology and the humanities.
- Open and inclusive
- Relevance in an increasingly diverse and changing New Zealand
- Impact of expert advice
- Engagement with the public and in the research and scholarly community
- Excellence in research and scholarship
Across these focus areas are two cross-cutting themes:
- Embracing diversity in all we do
- Enhancing international reach and impact of New Zealand research and the Society.
Our strategic objectives for 2015–2018:
- An informed and educated New Zealand
- Relevant and influential expert advice
- Recognition of excellence across the breadth of research and scholarship
- Best practice in research and scholarship
- An engaged Academy and membership
- A progressive, smart and responsive organisation.